Wednesday, February 10, 2010


The other day as I was rushing to church I spotted an elderly couple walking down the sidewalk towards me. They were all bundled up against the cold but the winter's wind did not seem to phase them. What struck me, as I watched them, was that they looked alike! Their clothes were the same colors, they had the same expressions, they walked in step and even their arms swayed in unison! I realized then what True Love was. It is becoming so intertwined, in an emotional and spiritual sense,that you become like one!

The Bible told us long ago in Genesis 2:24: "...and they shall be one". The Hebrew word for "be" can mean "become". As a couple lives together, they want to make each other happy, so they begin to make compromises. As the years go by, and the compromises (on both sides) accumulate, they begin to act and look like each other. They become one!

Happy Valentine's Day! True Love does exist!

1 comment: